Dr. Andrea Ryan teaches Apryl and Sarah how to make summer staples using all natural essential oils. Bug spray can usually be filled with chemicals, but this natural version keeps the pests away, smells great, and only has ingredients you recognize.
- 2 ounces distilled or boiled water
- 1.5 ounces witch hazel
- 30 drops citronella essential oil
- 25 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 15 drops tea tree essential oil
- Small squirt of vegetable glycerin
Using a 4 oz clean spray bottle fill with water, add the witch hazel then about 30 drops each of your various essential oils. Shake well. Spray onto exposed skin and/or clothing. Reapply every 2 hours, or as needed. Store in a dark bottle, away from heat or sunlight.